Friday 27 September 2013

I'm (maybe) Back!

So I realised the other day that it's been nearly six months since I made a post on this blog. Quite a dry patch after the fairly regular posts I was managing at the start (although that was a pretty big backlog I had prepared). The Dark Eldar project was taking most of my hobby time, and considering I didn't want to keep working on them I wasn't devoting much time to the hobby, but it's finally done with, so I thought I would give you an update on what else I was doing.



I've accumulated a pretty nice amount of Tyranids to complement the lot I got in exchange for the Dark Eldar Project, mostly cheap used stuff I found on eBay, along with a nice assortment of metal miniatures (going to avoid Finecast as long as I can). As of yesterday these have all been put through simple green (some have been soaking for 4 months or more) and are ready to be worked on. I also purchased the Warhammer 40k 6th edition rules and the Dark Vengence Starter set (gotta get that mini rulebook). The models in the starter look really nice, even though I don't plan to run Chaos or Dark Angels.

With the rumours about a new Tyranid Codex being the next GW release I probably won't be building any of the bigger creatures yet, however I have a plan for the smaller bugs that will cover any changes the codex brings (and I'll talk about that in another post).

I planned to try and get my Retribution of Scyrah force ready for a 35 point 2 list tournament back in July. However I ran into the problem of not being a quick painter (or even being able to decide on a paint scheme), so I have added a fair amount of models to my RoS collection. I also found a cheap Cygnar force that I planned to take to the tournament instead, but they arrived in a badly broken state and much later than they should have (the risks of the Buy, Swap, Sell forums) so I wasn't able to attend the tournament at all.

Finally, I've also been collecting various cardboard tubes and plastic bits from my work, and have alot to use for some terrain building projects. I haven't got a clear plan in mind, but the tubes are thick and about the right size for an Industrial Piping/Factory look.

So that's pretty much the update on whats been going on hobby wise for me during this period of silence, hopefully I can get back into some regular posts now that my desk is clear of the damn Dark Eldar.

No comments:

Post a Comment