Monday 25 February 2013

The Dark Eldar Project - Part 2

Once I had the Warrior squads out of the way it was time to start working on the bigger stuff. The unpainted old raider was fun, my friend had glued the platforms on the sides upside down. Not only that, but he had used so much glue that there was no way I could detach it. Sawing and plastic gluing later and it still looks a bit wonky, but hey, at least the troops have somewhere to stand now.

The 'Fleet'. 3 old model Raiders and a lone new model.

Gotta say, the new Raiders are worlds different from the old models.
I came up with a great method of using the gunners for the old Raiders. After deciding to glue them to bases to make painting easier I realised they would fit perfectly into their space on the boat, base and all.
Nice and stable on a base.
 
Fits comfortably into the prow of the boat.

 
Oh no! Weapon Destroyed!
 I also got the Reaver Jetbikes all built. These were fun because my friend had glued the front section on the unpainted ones sideways. A bit of sawing and some plastic glue fixed them up though.

Zoom!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment