Friday 1 March 2013

The Dark Eldar Project - Part 3

Taking a change from all the building this time I finally got my first squad of Warriors painted.

My friend didn't have any particular preference for paint scheme so I decided to go with something easy. Mechrite Red armour, Mithril Silver metals, Knarloc Green eyes and poisons, cover the whole thing in Nuln Oil shade, and finish with a few quick highlights using the base colours. Extra colours included Iyanden Darksun for the hair pieces, and Hormaguant Purple for the Blaster weapon.
Looking good boys!
For the bases I decided to go with a different scheme to the standard "just paint all the base trims the same colour" that I usually see. My friend likes to 'counts as' his models alot, using splinter cannons as Dark Lances and such. To accomodate this I decided to paint the bases in such a way that specific models are easily distinguishable. Ie. Khemri Brown for basic troops, Mordian Blue for squad leaders, Iyanden Darksun for special weapons, and Orkhide Shade for heavy weapons.
 
Sybarite with Mordian Blue base.

Blaster with Iyanden Darksun base.

Splinter Cannon with Orkhide Shade base.

Basic troop with Khemri Brown.
I'm usually a very slow painter, so I am trying for a more speed painting style. I painted this squad over the course of a week, not bad considering the 5 Blood Ravens I did last time took over a fortnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment